Online SAFetY AND Behaviour
A guide to the Online Safety Bill
(16th December 2022)
The Online Safety Bill is a new set of laws to protect children and adults online. It will make social media companies more responsible for their users’ safety on their platforms.
It will protect children by making social media platforms:
- remove illegal content quickly or prevent it from appearing in the first place. This includes removing content promoting self harm
- prevent children from accessing harmful and age-inappropriate content
- enforce age limits and age-checking measures
- ensure the risks and dangers posed to children on the largest social media platforms are more transparent, including by publishing risk assessments
- provide parents and children with clear and accessible ways to report problems online when they do arise
A guide to the Online Safety Bill - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Parents and Carers- Please take a look at this very useful guide around setting parental controls on your child's devices.