The online world can be exciting and inspiring, but it is important to manage and minimise the associated risks. Our children need to be safe and responsible when using ALL of the technology available to them.
- Talk to your child about what they’re up to online.
- Set boundaries in the online world just as you would in the real world.
- Know what connects to the internet and how e.g. games consoles, mobile phones, music devices.
- Keep all equipment that connects to the internet in a family space in a high traffic area in the home.
- Use parental controls on devices that link to the internet, such as TVs and games consoles.
- Watch e-safety films and cartoons with your child and talk about the issues raised.
- Establish limits for which online sites children may visit and for how long.
- Surf the Internet with your children and let them show you what they like to do online.
- Know who is connecting with your children online and set rules for social networking, instant messaging, e-mailing, online gaming, and using webcams.
- Check the browser search history on a regular basis.
For more information click here to view Fryent's online safety leaflet.
Click here to view our online presentation slides from the Coffee Morning held on Friday March 22nd 2019.
Finally click here to view how to support young people online.